This Three day safari takes on the highlights of Murchison Falls National Park. This park with the meandering Victoria Nile and the dramatic Murchison Falls is Uganda’s largest protected area, providing a stunning semi arid habitat for a variety of wildlife including elephant, buffalo, giraffe and lion. Safari highlights include:
• A boat trip to the mighty Murchison Falls, the parks centerpiece that is an explosive 40m waterfall where the Nile is forced through a 6m gap in the rift valley escarpment.
• Wildlife viewing on the northern banks of the Nile can include sightings of giraffe, buffalo, elephant, warthogs, leopard, lion and antelope.
• Stunning views take in the winding path of the Nile, which is laced with adventures of history’s most ardent explorers.
• Simply relaxing at the lodge trying to spot elephants and the rare shoebill stalk or chatting around the campfire.
Day 1– You will be collected early in Kampala by Age Safaris guide who will brief you on your safari to Murchison Falls National Park. It is the largest National Park in Uganda located North West of the Pearl of Africa. You will pass via Budongo Tropical Rain Forest, Uganda’s biggest natural Forest. Overnight stay at Para Safari Lodge. You will arrive in time for a late lunch at Para Safari Lodge.
After lunch, enjoy a restful afternoon relaxing at the lodge; by the pool which overlooks the Nile, in your room, on your verandah, in the bar or on the Nile terrace.
After a delicious dinner, settle in to the sounds of the hippos and primates in anticipation of your wildlife drive tomorrow. Overnight: Para Safari Lodge (L, D)
Day 2– After an early breakfast, you will spend the day in Murchison Falls National Park. Your game drive will start in the northern sector of the park which contains savannah, borassus palms, acacia trees and riverine woodland, starting in and on the banks of the River Nile.
After an early lunch you will take a boat trip to the bottom of the mighty frothy falls. Game viewing along the river is stunning, with crocodiles, hippos, elephants and birds, including the rare shoebill stork, basking on the banks of the Nile.
On return to the lodge, you can enjoy the camp fire, as you look at your photos before tucking into a lovely dinner. Fall asleep to the sounds of Africa. Overnight: Para Safari Lodge (B, L, D). Overnight: Para Safari Lodge (B, L, D)
Day 3 -Enjoy a relaxing breakfast on your last day. En route to Kampala you will drive to the top of the mighty falls and enjoy the breeze, spray and rainbows. You will take a picnic to eat on your way back to Kampala. (B, L).
TOTAL QUOTATION WILL BE $2,000 FOR THE TWO PEOPLE TRAVELLING
• All activities in your itinerary
• Accommodation at Para Safari
• Transportation to and from Murchison Falls (9 seater Minivan)
• Boat cruise in the park
• Game drive
• Meals as stated in your itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
• Airfares to/from Africa
• Entry visas
• Drinks at the lodges
• Drinks on third party activities
• Items of a personal nature, tips, personal insurance